• Letter to Editor
  • Pin it

At approximately 11:10 p.m. on March 7, a fire tore through and destroyed a residence in the 100 block of North Westwind Drive.

The El Cajon Fire Department responded with two full crews, which knocked down the flames before they spread to adjacent homes.

The residence was filled with a large amount of property and debris. According to the home’s owner, power had been shut off to the home and the residents had been using liquid propane for heat and lighting purposes. While moving the propane, one of the residents accidentally started the fire.

The Red Cross assisted in finding temporary housing for three people and two pets. Structural damages were estimated at $200,000; contents, $90,000. It was also reported that the residence was in foreclosure.

  • Letter to Editor
  • Pin it

More from SDReader


Sign in to comment

Let’s Be Friends

Subscribe for local event alerts, concerts tickets, promotions and more from the San Diego Reader