Garrett Harris 6 a.m., Jan. 18
John Chambers: Accordion, Keyboards, Vocals | Paul Kostellanos: Guitar (acoustic), Guitar (electric), Violin, Vocals | Ric Lee: Drums, Percussion | Jessica Stull: Percussion | Danny Perez: Bass guitar
Sound description: Fast-tempo zydeco, dominated by button- or piano-accordion and washboard.
RIYL: The Alligator Zydeco Band, Gris Gris, Buckwheat Zydeco
Upcoming Local Shows
- Proud Mary's Southern Bar & Grill at the Ramada — Saturday, January 27, 7pm
- House of Blues — Friday, February 2, 7pm
- Winstons Beach Club — Saturday, February 10, 4pm – 7:30pm
- Poway Center for the Performing Arts — Saturday, February 24, 8pm
- Proud Mary's Southern Bar & Grill at the Ramada — Saturday, April 14, 7pm
- "Transatlantic Ambitions" · Oct. 8, 2014
Ex-Band Members: Tim Cash, Bass guitar, Vocals
Influences: Buckwheat Zydeco, the Neville Brothers, the Alligator Zydeco Band, the Red Stick Ramblers, the Great Bear Trio, the Bluesbox Bayou Band
Start with a blend of accordion, keyboards, guitar, bass, drums, and washboard, add intricate harmonies, mix it up with a lot of rockin’ zydeco, blues, R&B, and that great Mardi Gras sound, toss in dazzling showmanship and a big old dance floor, and you get the hot, spicy musical jambalaya that is the Bayou Brothers.
With a sound straight out of Louisiana’s dance clubs, bayou festivals, and backyard crawfish boils, the Bayou Brothers say, “We’ll rock you right on into Fat Tuesday. With extensive experience and endless enthusiasm, we’ll deliver a rousing, rollicking, heart-thumpin’, foot-stompin’ musical gumbo y’all won’t soon forget!”
The band won Best Blues at the October 2013 San Diego Music Awards.
- High Roller Zydeco