Content for Wednesday, August 29, 2012
- Opinion: Most significant division changes
- Season Preview: No. 1 Helix Highlanders
- Public presentation on revised Lane Field hotel project
- Items Seized During Killgore Murder Investigation
- Encinitas Man Accused of Shooting at Two Neighbors
- Flamingo Fling
- Braves Snap Padres Win Streak
- Festival of Sail
- Show & Tell
- Ensenada trip part 2: Old Mission Brewery
- Patton Group honors Jackson in The Back Room
- Lawless: what is a burgoo, anyway?
- Street Style Fashion Valley: Mall Rats
- For a Good Time, Call... Opening on 28 Screens Across America Including 2 in San Diego!
- Dig a Hole: Sylvester Stallone’s Half-Sister Toni Ann Filiti
- Democratic San Diego mayoral candidate Bob Filner trampled after horrible pun about murderous elephant.
- Zoo worker trampled after horrible pun about newborn elephant.
- Italy meets Japan at Sora
- Are there any movies set in the American South that don't feature English actors?
- GRINGO GRABS BAJA GOLD MEDAL
- Alleged Escondido Gangster Made a Plea Deal
- Your Week: August 30-September 5
News & Stories
On August 28, Parke Ewing, an Ocotillo resident, took photos of heavy equipment being operated by Pattern Energy employees who are building the Ocotillo Wind Express Energy Project. The machinery is plowing over and crushing ...
The U.S. Border Patrol recently finished pouring concrete on an extraordinary road that's less than a half mile long but is so steep and twisty that it couldn't be built by private contractors. The road ...
“Goddammit, people! It’s a Saturday night!” Stephen Rey yells into a microphone. “Get your asses up here.” And they do, and then he and the Sex Trash pile it on. There are only three of ...
There’s a “we don’t want you” vibe at Lancers, but it’s just pride.
Interview with Coyote Problem guitarist Peter Bolland.
The S.S. America sails into Porterland, a place so sacred, the faithful feel like removing their shoes.
KCR DJ “Scott Tissue” (aka Russ Lewis, former Reader proofreader) gets plaque dedication at SDSU radio station where he was on the air over 25 years.
Chaparral-cloaked hills, a wide river valley with oak woodland vegetation, and sections of lush riparian flora.
My fist shot straight out from my side, crossing in front of David’s chest, and released an index finger, aimed at the driver of the car to my right. It held the pose for half ...
Men are still from Mars.
The girls kill them with kindness... Interviews with young ladies who frequent San Diego nightclubs.
Matthew Alice’s identity stolen for 30, 40, 50, 60, or 70 years.
Super PAC icPurple, set up by Gateway computer megamillionaire Ted Waitt of La Jolla to back the failed independent mayoral campaign of ex-GOP state assemblyman Nathan Fletcher, is still in business. According to the committee’s ...
The letters of Testuzo Hirasaki, a Japanese American interned at the Santa Anita racetrack (dubbed “Santa Japanita”) following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
Thursday 30One-time San Diego–based dirty-blues duo Little Hurricane blows back into town. The SDMA winners (Best New Artist) are out to tout their Homewrecker CD. After a few more West Coast dates, Tone and CC ...
Lots of kite surfers nowadays at Tourmaline Surfing Park in Pacific Beach. Is there a law against it?
UCSD professor/inventor Tom Erbe to perform “Williams Mix” in honor of John Cage’s 100th birthday.
Rock de AT&T It was a penultimate series of sorts: the almost-final round of dining and entertainment freebies accepted by staffers of Democratic state senator Juan Vargas, odds-on favorite to win the 51st District seat ...
The new full-length from Timothy H, Loved or Hated But Never Ignored, drops Saturday, September 1, at 710 Beach Club in P.B. “Attendees can expect banging beats with ripping punk-rock guitars,” says H, “along with ...
In an election year, each candidate argues that his or her vision of America is the real one and that the other candidate’s is not. But there are 300 million of us, and there are ...
MJE Marketing, the lobbying outfit that’s been helping to push the controversial Irwin Jacobs Balboa Park makeover through city hall, picked up another $31,000 for its services in the second quarter of the year, recent ...
A cockeyed look at the businesses that look inside your body; namely, Heart Check and Life Score Clinic.
Disaster is to fortune as strands of a single rope. Fate is past understanding — who comprehends its bounds? Force water and it spurts, force an arrow and it goes far: All things are propelled ...
They didn’t shoot at us. A silent scene until we clogged the beach, and then — all hell, potato masher hand grenades, machine gun fire, artillery. I swear each shell passed close enough you could ...