Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Feb. 5
Dumanis Campaign Draws New Supporters
After a period without much making much noise, the Bonnie Dumanis for Mayor campaign appears to be ramping up. This afternoon she announced some new political backers: Qualcomm founder Irwin Jacobs, and California Board of Equalization Vice-Chair Michelle Steel. This comes on the heels of a Friday comment on the economy.
“Bonnie has a long range vision of a better San Diego and she’s the only mayoral candidate with the leadership and executive experience to get us there,” said Jacobs in a press release. He joins departing mayor Jerry Sanders, Sheriff Bill Gore, and a handful of others including city council member Kevin Faulconer in endorsement of Dumanis’ candidacy.
Still, Dumanis appears to be facing an uphill battle. A recent poll shows Dumanis coming in third, behind Democrat Bob Filner and fellow GOP candidate Carl DeMaio. Of course, it should be noted that a principal of the firm that conducted the poll is also a DeMaio financial backer.
Pictured: Irwin Jacobs
More like this:
- Papa Doug hasn't forgotten Carl D. — Oct. 10, 2013
- Qualcomm billionaire Democrat Irwin Jacobs will endorse GOP's DeMaio for Mayor — Sept. 27, 2012
- Carl DeMaio Launches Television Ad Campaign — April 24, 2012
- Mayor Sanders Shows Support For Bonnie Dumanis In YouTube Video — Feb. 8, 2012
- Poll Shows DeMaio In The Lead For Mayor — Sept. 15, 2011