Don Bauder 6:30 p.m., Aug. 21
Poll Shows DeMaio In The Lead For Mayor
Councilmember Carl DeMaio is the frontrunner in the race to become San Diego's next Mayor, at least that is what a poll from DeMaio supporter Richard Bailey found.
The poll, conducted on September 7 to the 10th, asked 945 voters which of the top four contenders they preferred.
The results show DeMaio finished first with 39 percent. Congressman Bob Filner was second, eleven points from the lead. Bonnie Dumanis was third and Nathan Fletcher was last with 10 percent of the vote. An "undecided" option was not provided.
Bailey, whose firm conducted the poll, included a statement with the results. "Richard Bailey is a contributor and supporter of Carl DeMaio. The respondents were selected by two other members of Brown & Bailey with no ties to any of the candidates."
More like this:
- Polls suggest Peters and DeMaio are ahead — July 25, 2014
- Republicans touting April poll supporting DeMaio's Congressional bid — June 7, 2013
- Questions raised over the accuracy of U-T San Diego's recent mayoral poll — Oct. 22, 2012
- DeMaio, Filner Remain Mayoral Front Runners — March 13, 2012
- DeMaio, Filner Are Likely Runoff Candidates in Mayoral Race — Feb. 8, 2012