Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Feb. 12
Just a couple of thoughts here, because mostly I'm worrying over whether CGI really has ruined the human imagination. Don't believe me? Check that brief shot of the flying monkeys. Are they half, are they a quarter as terrifying as the flying monkeys from the original?
No. No, they are not. Then, they looked like twisted man-beasts. Now, they look like especially nasty bats. Then, their eerie resemblance to a human death squad - but a mob blessed with animal strength and unnatural power (flight) to boot - provided the fear. Now, it seems it's all about teeth and bestial ferocity.
But enough about grumpy old men. I'm curious, did anyone else think what I thought when they saw this critter?
That's right! Sea Monkeys!
Finally, I will grant that it was fun to see director Sam Raimi slipping in one of his trademark scare-shots:
I mean, he even used that one in Spider-Man 2!
More like this:
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 5 - Sunday — July 21, 2013
- A closer look at the trailers for Oblivion and After Earth — Dec. 12, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for Mama — Sept. 14, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 — July 26, 2012
- "Alien DNA" — May 31, 2012