Dominic DeGrazier 3:37 p.m., Sept. 21
Midnight Madness: The Lost Boys
On Friday, August 17 a midnight showing of the 1987 classic horror film The Lost Boys will screen at Ken Cinema (4061 Adams Ave) as part of the ongoing series Midnight at the Ken Cinema. The film begins at 11:55 p.m. and tickets cost $7.50-8.50.
Synopsis: "When newly-divorced Lucy (Dianne Wiest) moves her sons to her father's house in Santa Clara, California—'the murder capital of the world'—her teenage son, Michael (Jason Patric), quickly falls in with the town's bad kids: a bike-riding, Jim Morrison-worshipping gang of blood-sucking vampires. Her younger son Sam (Corey Haim) and his buddies, the Frog brothers, are the only ones who recognize the signs of vampirism in Michael, and they plot to battle the legions of the night before they take over the entire town. Co-starring Barnard Hughes, Ed Herrmann, Kiefer Sutherland, Jami Gertz and Corey Feldman."
More like this:
- DVD/Cable TV Roundup 1971-2011 – a 12-pack of mini movie reviews — Sept. 17, 2013
- Lost gems of the ‘60s: Gates to Paradise (1968) with Jenny Agutter, Pauline Challoner — Nov. 27, 2012
- Ken Cinema not 100 after all — Sept. 17, 2012
- Landmark Blows Out Ken's 100 Birthday Candles With a Yawn — Aug. 16, 2012
- Midnight Madness Returns In Style to The Ken — June 12, 2012