Jeff Smith 6 p.m., Oct. 8
Alternative picture shows
On Thursday, August 30 from 7 p.m. - 10 p.m., Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego (1100 & 1001 Kettner Blvd) hosts alt.picture shows, which "features more than 20 intelligent, inspirational, and thought-provoking short films guaranteed to challenge, surprise, and engage adventurous film lovers in search of a true alternative to the usual multiplex experience."
"The event will transform MCASD’s Sherwood Auditorium and select gallery spaces into the supreme micro-cinema spectacle where Museum-goers are free to 'physical channel surf' by dipping in and out rooms at will. Like previous installments of alt.pictureshows, this year’s roster of marvelous short films are arranged either by shared thematic concerns, stylistic approaches, or both in a unique night of small, yet powerful, cinematic wonders."
This year's thematic and stylistic arrangements include Occupy My Heart, Earthquake and Senior-Moment Flashbacks, Delirium Alley, and Dark Amour and Giddy Apocalypse, The Wailing Wall. Tickets may be purchased at the door for $5.
More like this:
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz V: What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw — Dec. 27, 2012
- Horrible Imaginings — Sept. 21, 2012
- Free Tuesday museums — Aug. 28, 2012
- Free Thursday Museum of Contemporary Art — June 21, 2012
- If I Cast the The 3 Stooges — April 9, 2012