Garrett Harris 4 p.m., Dec. 22
Shia LaBeouf - Finger Method Actor?
Terribly sorry for the descent into bad taste, but it's nigh unto impossible to be handed a quote like Shia LaBeouf's recent declaration and not explore the, um, possibilities. Just a refresher: LaBeouf, in declaring himself done with the studio system, said, "These dudes [in the independent world] are a miracle. They give you the money, and they trust you -- [unlike the studios, which] give you the money, then get on a plane and come to the set and stick a finger up your ass and chase you around for five months."
If that's true, then it might help to explain both Shia's posture and his facial expression in a few of his studio-produced publicity stills...
"Breaking in" on the set of Eagle Eye:
Winding up as the "butt" of a practical joke on the set of Transformers:
Getting some advice from an old-timer on the set of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:
Finding the upside with Oliver Stone on the set of Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps:
Phew! No wonder he's taking a break!
More like this:
- Are there any movies set in the American South that don't feature English actors? — Aug. 29, 2012
- Shia LaBeouf learns the true meaning of fear. — Aug. 22, 2012
- It's "Kick Michael Bay Thursday" at The Big Screen — Aug. 16, 2012
- Shia LaBeouf Tempts the Fickle Finger of Fate — Aug. 16, 2012
- Your Mother Was Right... — May 21, 2012