Hey-o and thanks to all commenters over the past week. Your participation is much appreciated! I try to reward the readership with the best possible Runner-Up I can dredge from the craig. Enjoy! I actually have to advocate for this post because everybody should have an awesome, industrial-grade mop to clean stuff with. It is the only way to get that floor truly shiny. Also, adding the keyword "frogtoes" to you ad to simplify searching is a brilliant maneuver. Kudos, Frogtoes!

The big winner for today, is this:

NEARLY NEW 6-8 ft Love Sac ($240 OBO) - $240 (Normal Heights (willing to deliver))

Because of the picture, I had no idea what this Love Sac really was, or why it was worth more than just about anything else I actually own. Luckily, we live in a google world and I was about five seconds away from the answer. Apparently, it's a bean bag chair. But not just any bean bag chair, heavens no, it's the most expensive bean bag chair in the world. Seriously. Here's a link, in case you suspect me of deceit:

(I am too far beyond tired to figure out why I can't make this a link)

Do you see? Do you see the price? Over seven hundred dollars for a bean bag chair. Outlandish? Perhaps. Extraordinary? Absolutely.

I can honestly say that I am proud to live in a world where there is a market for seven hundred dollar bean bag chairs. Not that anyone should ever buy a seven hundred dollar bean bag chair, not for any reason. There's just no call for such a thing.

But the inventiveness. The simple human ingenuity that comes up with such an idea: the seven hundred dollar bean bag chair, it's obvious! Why didn't I think of it? Doubtless, there are fortunes to be made in the lucrative seven hundred dollar bean bag chair market.

Today's post will be short, as I am wrecked from racing bikes at the San Diego Velodrome. One thing is certain--if there was ever a day that I wanted to come home and flop my bruised and battered body onto a seven hundred dollar bean bag chair, today would be it!

Comments

SDaniels Sept. 23, 2009 @ 12:17 a.m.

Love sac, duh nuh nuh nuh, you make my heart...crack?

A unique and fun approach here, Pike. Ya got a new reader in me :)

SDaniels Sept. 23, 2009 @ 12:26 a.m.

Hey, Pike: Looks like you missed the 'special' little poem accompanying the "Velvish" sac. In fact, if you remove all text from the description paragraph but the adjectives, it is pretty damn funny. Here's the $700 'poem,' surely written by someone's useless nephew:

"COLOR: Red L is for the Love you give me. O, you're the only one. V means you're very, very special, and E for every time we make-out. Tender isn't it? Well, that's what you get with red, tender, tender, tender. A color that speaks of passion and heat (in the Sac®)."

CuddleFish Sept. 23, 2009 @ 12:32 a.m.

Love sac, baby,

Love sac, la - la love sac, love sac, la - la love sac!

Everybody's movin', everybody's groovin'!#

(Apologies to the B-52s)

SDaniels Sept. 23, 2009 @ 1:40 a.m.

I should have thought of that one first :)

"Love sac, yeah yeah (LOVE SAC)

Love sac, yeah yeah (LOVE SAC)

Shooby dop! Shooby dop! Shoop shoop...

dbayer Sept. 23, 2009 @ 12:41 p.m.

Pike, you've never been in a Love Sac so you can be forgiven your ignorance. "Not that anyone should ever buy a seven hundred dollar bean bag chair, not for any reason. There's just no call for such a thing." You need a Love Sac, best $700 you will ever spend! It's a couch, a bed, 3 chairs, a table, and launch pad all in one. Add that up and you can see these things should really cost about $22,000.00 each.

SDaniels Sept. 23, 2009 @ 1:53 p.m.

Pike! You bin told! Clearly, you've never been IN a Love Sac. :)

CuddleFish Sept. 23, 2009 @ 2:02 p.m.

Oooh, dang, what I could say if I weren't a Christian lady!

FullFlavorPike Sept. 23, 2009 @ 3:15 p.m.

Now I think I want to get me into a Love Sac! Clearly, this blog is a learning experience for all.

CuddleFish Sept. 23, 2009 @ 3:51 p.m.

"Pike, ... You need a Love Sac"

By dbayer

Pike, I thought you was of the male persuasion. Or does dbayer know something the rest of us don't want to know?

FullFlavorPike Sept. 23, 2009 @ 4:14 p.m.

I was, I am. But I strongly suspect that the Love Sac would never discriminate in such matters.