Dorian Hargrove 11:30 a.m., Dec. 5
The San Diego Sheriff’s Department conducted another “Drunk Driving/License” checkpoint over the weekend, this time in Vista.
A total of 1,551 vehicles passed through the checkpoint on Vista Village Drive, with 645 of those drivers contacted. These contacts resulted in five field sobriety tests being performed, with no alcohol-related arrests and two individuals being arrested for driving under the influence of other drugs.
Another 24 citations were issued to unlicensed drivers, and three were given to drivers with suspended licenses, of a total 35 people cited. Sheriff’s deputies impounded 11 vehicles as a result.
More like this:
- Two nights of DUI checkpoints net three drunk drivers — Aug. 19, 2013
- CHP snags 100 drunk drivers over Fourth weekend, checkpoints another three — July 8, 2013
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012
- Weekend DUI Checkpoint Nets No Arrests — March 21, 2012
- DUI Checkpoints Result in 19 Arrests, 41 Impounds — Dec. 19, 2011