Johnny Caito 7:07 p.m., July 28
Weekend DUI Checkpoint Nets No Arrests
The San Diego Sheriff’s Department is reporting the results of a DUI checkpoint held over the St. Patrick’s Day weekend in Encinitas, as well as countywide DUI “saturation patrols,” which place more officers on the street looking for erratic driving.
While 518 vehicles passed through the checkpoint, resulting in 229 screenings, no DUI arrests were made, though one vehicle was impounded, and two drivers were cited for driving without a license and a third for driving on a suspended license. Two, however, were arrested for DUI as the result of a local saturation patrol.
Around the county, the patrols appeared to work more efficiently, resulting in 50 stops, 24 DUI tests, and nine arrests. 13 total citations were issued, and six vehicles were impounded.
More like this:
- More weekend DUI stops in Poway, Santee — Aug. 12, 2013
- St. Patrick's weekend DUI checkpoints net two drunk drivers — March 18, 2013
- DUI Arrests Down, Few Caught at Checkpoints — May 29, 2012
- Weekend DUI/License Check Nets 2 Arrests, 11 Impounds — April 9, 2012
- DUI Checkpoints in Pacific Beach Result in High Arrest Count — Sept. 7, 2011