Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Sept. 29
Imperial Beach checkpoint leads to two drunk driving arrests
A six-hour DUI checkpoint conducted over the weekend on the 900 block of Palm Avenue in Imperial Beach from 8:30 Friday night until 2:30 Saturday morning netted two drunk driving arrests, the San Diego Sheriff is reporting.
Fourteen deputies were on duty at the checkpoint, which saw 987 cars pass through during its hours of operation. Thirty drivers were detained in a secondary inspection area, including the two eventually arrested for DUI and ten others cited for driving without a license or with a license that had been suspended or revoked. Deputies impounded a total of five vehicles during the stop.
More like this:
- Two nights of DUI checkpoints net three drunk drivers — Aug. 19, 2013
- High arrest numbers at Santee DUI checkpoint — April 16, 2013
- St. Patrick's weekend DUI checkpoints net two drunk drivers — March 18, 2013
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012
- DUI Checkpoints in Pacific Beach Result in High Arrest Count — Sept. 7, 2011