Bart Mendoza 5 a.m., Dec. 8
The San Diego Sheriff’s Department has reported results on two more “DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoints” conducted Saturday night and into Sunday morning (August 10-11).
At a roadblock at Pomerado Road and Stowe Drive in Poway, deputies did not make any drunken driving arrests, but did administer a field sobriety test to one of the 529 drivers stopped. Twenty others were cited for driving without a license, and three drivers were caught with suspended licenses. Deputies also impounded one vehicle.
In Santee, nine of the 1053 drivers stopped were screened for DUI, three of them ended up under arrest. Deputies also arrested another three people for non-DUI related crimes, wrote 11 tickets, and impounded six cars.
More like this:
- Two nights of DUI checkpoints net three drunk drivers — Aug. 19, 2013
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012
- Weekend DUI Checkpoint Nets No Arrests — March 21, 2012
- DUI Checkpoints Result in 19 Arrests, 41 Impounds — Dec. 19, 2011
- DUI Checkpoint Nets Eight Vehicle Impounds, Zero DUIs — July 25, 2011