Content for Thursday, August 16, 2012
- Torta: America's Next Hamburger?
- Bizarre Meets Bazaar Encinitas Summer Market
- Sale of Padres Approved by MLB Owners
- Art and Trees: Tijuana's DIY Art and Music Festival
- Braves Best Punchless Padres Again
- Man Charged With Hosting Alcohol Party For Minors
- The Currency of Current Seas
- The Difference Between 'Good' and 'Great'
- Pacific Beach Street Style: Itsy Bitsy
- Trapped Migrants Rescued from Sewer
- Pond Scum: A Political Poem
- Qualcomm's Jacobs Saved $1.58 Million from Bush Tax Cuts
- It's "Kick Michael Bay Thursday" at The Big Screen
- Sink, or Swim: East of Sweden
- El Cajon Electrical Engineer Financed Son's Failed Judicial Bid with $141,230
- SDPD Detective's Role As Press-Pass Monitor Questioned in Lawsuit
- Shia LaBeouf - Finger Method Actor?
- Pop Quiz
- Glutton for Spicy Punishment
- Landmark Blows Out Ken's 100 Birthday Candles With a Yawn
- Shia LaBeouf Tempts the Fickle Finger of Fate
- Ocean Beach Street Style Revisited: Hippies Galore
- Reminder: Oceanside International Film Festival Hits the Screen Tonight
- Midnight Madness: The Lost Boys
- Reintroducing California Condors to Baja Mountains
News & Stories
An alert American man caught a pickpocket with his hand stuck in his girlfriend’s backpack as they walked along Avenida Constitución around noon on August 12. Jubilant Mexicans filled the area and celebrated El Tri’s ...
The majestic Anza-Borrego Desert never ceases to surprise me. It is an alien environment of ghostly, pale rocks and unforgiving heat. Ocotillo plants sprout like underwater coral from the barren sands that hide translucent scorpions ...
Recorded at Austin City Limits last April, We Walk the Line effectively lobbies for posthumous 80th birthday bashes. Brandi Carlile’s opening tear through “Folsom Prison Blues” convinces us she can at least imagine shooting “a ...