Jay Allen Sanford 8 p.m., Nov. 25
Reminder: Oceanside International Film Festival Hits the Screen Tonight
The red carpet had been Rug Doctored and after months of preparation, Dmitriy Demidov and his staff are ready to unveil this year's Oceanside International Film Festival.
The 50-film (shorts and features), 4-day festival commences tonight at 5 pm. The FABulous Rudies, a band born in El Camino High School, will perform at the entrance of Oceanside's Star Theatre, 402 N. Coast Highway.
After the Rudies get done working the crowd into a Ska frenzy, Oceansider, Ruta Tavale will lead a theatrical performance by a Samoan group. Throw in an opening speech and greetings from OIFF’s organizational committee, and tonight's feature will hit the screen at 7 pm.
Callous, which took home the OIFF best picture award in 2009, is a drama that addresses the "evils of mental and physical abuse towards children within their own families." Based on a true story, the film was directed by Compton, CA native, Joey Lanai.
OIFF runs today through Sunday. Tickets run $10 to $50. Click for a complete list of films or call (760) 433-3632 for more information.
More like this:
- San Diego Film Festival — Sept. 29, 2012
- Rudies Rock Music High Film (World Premiere Aug. 17, Crest Thtr, Oceanside) — Aug. 2, 2012
- Oceanside International Film Festival Hosts Military-Themed Preview Party — July 25, 2012
- San Diego's First International Surf Film Festival at Bird's Surf Shed — April 20, 2012
- Apart Together: Asian Film Screening Tonight — Feb. 28, 2012