Content for Tuesday, August 2, 2011
- Quasi Recordings Local Band Compilation
- No Hi Fi
- Cockfight Crackdown
- Leap, Bridgepoint Shares Creamed
- Anatomy of a Press Photo: First Look at John Cusack in The Raven
- Pregaming at Riki Sushi
- Alchemy Chef Proves You Don't Have to be Vegetarian to Do Right By 'Em
- Beat the Clock
- David J's Black Dahlia Stage Play Debuts September 8
- Update San Diego, 8/02/2011
- Why Movies Suck
- Plundering Historic Plaques
- Franny & Lenny: A Post-view
- Live Out Loud
- Guest Column: Norv Turner's "Notes on Camp" - Day 2
- "Dallas' Most Evil Genius" Funds La Jolla Super PAC
- Operation Tidal Wave Targets North County Gangs, Drugs
- La Jolla Freebie
- The Dangers of Hanging Around White People, Illustrated (Yet Again)
- Dog With a View
- $20 Million Persuades Jennifer Lopez to Stick With American Idol
News & Stories
A nuclear steam generator is slowly making its way across North County on a top-secret route from San Onofre to Utah, where it will be disposed of. Officials say that the radiation levels are small ...
The best months to visit Florida are September and October, when rates are lowest and you avoid the crowds. 70 miles west of Key West, you’ll find Dry Tortugas National Park, North America's most inaccessible ...
In a closed meeting on July 29, SANDAG, the San Diego Association of Governments, voted to purchase the lease to operate the South Bay Expressway, the portion of SR-125 that is a toll road. According ...
Couer d'Alene, Idaho, is a destination perfect for taking in fresh mountain air, clear, starry skies, and scenic wonders that us city folk can only imagine. Its glacier-fed lake, Lake Couer d'Alene, is a popular ...
If you're feeling a bit hardened by modern life and sense a need to reconnect with the natural world – and even, perhaps, your own heart – try feeding an elephant that's been blinded by ...
The son of Ingrid and the late Jim Croce took the stage at Anthology for a rare local appearance and, with a little help from his friends, proved once again he is one of San ...
Note to the warm, dear, swing-dancing friend of mine who lamented, "Charlie Parker killed everything I love": you probably won't listen to this alto-sax/two-upright-basses/one-cello session, but I thought of you. I thought of you since ...
What Businesses Can Do to Fix the Problem
For about two decades, economists have been holding up roadmaps directing workers toward small businesses. They argued that small business was the place of innovation, where American dreams of prosperity and upward mobility still were ...