Dryw Keltz 7 p.m., Dec. 24
Live Out Loud
House concerts are a cool way to support artists and have fun, without the unpredictable drama of randoms strolling into a bar and interrupting the show. Local poet and music-lover Lizzie Wann founded Meeting Grace -- a house concert series -- in 2000. Now she's combined music with her other love -- poetry -- and is producing original shows called Live Out Loud.
The next installment of Live Out Loud is this Saturday, August 6. Reservations are required, and you only receive the address of the location after reserving your seat, so if I were you, I'd hop on it soon, as space for these is always limited (intimacy is part of the charm). This weekend's line-up includes poet Daniel McGinn, singer songwriter Stevie Harris, poet Paul Suntup, and musician and music producer Jeff Berkley.
Click on the links to find out more!
More like this:
- Lizzie Wann's Ode to Her Hair — Jan. 2, 2013
- Gator by the Bay: Video! — May 11, 2011
- Responding to Personal Spam, History of Personal Music Players, Soundmen Sound Off, Concerts Make You Deaf, & Musical Car Horns — June 3, 2008
- Obama in 30 Seconds, Satan Came, Meeting Grace Final Concert, Celebs Talk About SD, Boy Shakira Is All My Fault, More Craigslist Funnies, Life Between Deadlines, Top 5 Lists, & more — May 1, 2008
- Hello Satan: Black Metal in San Diego, Brain Police, Online Booty Call — March 9, 2008