Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Feb. 13
Why Movies Suck
Newsflash: humor is powerful stuff.
Seriously, though: long before I'd ever heard of Rupert Murdoch or NewsCorp - heck, long before cell phones, hackable or otherwise, were even invented - I knew that the New York Post was a lousy newspaper. How did I know this? Because the spy-spoof Top Secret told me so.
So it is with some measure of self-surprise that I pass along a link to this Post essay on why movies suck. It boils down to "movies suck because Wall Street sucks, movie stars suck, directors suck, studios suck, China sucks, marketing sucks, and because you suck." But it includes a fun explication of those factors, in part because it's based on this book from a couple of screenwriters. (You will note that screenwriters are absent from that list of suck.)
More like this:
- New releases opening this week: Before Midnight, The Matchmaker, and more — May 31, 2013
- New movie releases opening this week — March 29, 2013
- This week's new releases — Jan. 25, 2013
- Opening this week — Jan. 11, 2013
- Christmas Is Coming... — Dec. 5, 2011