Ian Anderson 10 a.m., Sept. 16
Tijuana rounds up 14 drug dealers overnight
Municipal police working diligently to apprehend local criminals
The Tijuana municipal police rounded up 14 alleged drug dealers in the late hours of Tuesday, March 5th, and into the early hours of Wednesday. According to local authorities, the most significant arrest was that of 20 year old Raúl Lara Reyes, who was apprehended in possession of 86 doses of crystal methamphetamine.
All those arrested were found with individualized doses, signifying their status as local dealers and not smugglers. The arrests were initiated on various grounds, from anonymous tips to street operations. Those apprehended were caught either with marijuana or crystal meth. Some suspects were also wanted in connection with a string of burglaries.
While prosecution of criminals has been criticized in Tijuana and Baja California, as it is in much of Mexico, the state has been a leader in drug seizures and criminal apprehensions in recent years.
More like this:
- Arellano Félix kidnapping kingpin caught — Dec. 19, 2012
- Ensenada stash house busted — Oct. 2, 2012
- Tijuana Police: 389 Alleged drug dealers arrested in August — Sept. 12, 2012
- 21 Arrested with Narcotics in Mexicali — March 4, 2012
- Tijuana Police Respond to Concerned Residents — Feb. 29, 2012