Garrett Harris 6 p.m., April 20
Arellano Félix kidnapping kingpin caught
Wanted criminal apprehended after years on the run
The leader of a feared kidnapping ring was arrested after years on the run by Baja state police in Tijuana on Tuesday, December 18th. Juan Diego Alcaráz Muciño, also known as “El Yeyo”, has had numerous arrests warrants since 1996 in connection with kidnappings and murders. El Yeyo is believed to have run kidnapping operations for the Arellano Félix Organization (AFO) for numerous years.
El Yeyo is alleged to have been active in the AFO since the early 1990’s. According to Zeta Magazine, despite having active arrests warrants, the criminal was hired onto the municipal police force in 2005. Alcaráz Muciño was arrested for the first time in 2008 for pending warrants, yet released days after for lack of evidence.
According to Baja state police authorities, El Yeyo was apprehended with the help of unnamed United States authorities and was displayed for local media on Wednesday.
It is unclear if Alcaráz Muciño could face charges in the U.S.
More like this:
- DEA official claims Arellano Félix Organization dead, despite current activity in Tijuana — May 29, 2013
- Top cartel operative apprehended in Tijuana — March 15, 2013
- Despite news reports, Eduardo not the last remaining Arellano Félix brother — Sept. 1, 2012
- Report: Arellano-Félix Organization Still Runs Baja — June 20, 2012
- Longtime Arellano-Félix Cartel Lieutenant Captured — May 29, 2012