Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Oct. 24
March in Tijuana to raise awareness on missing women
An organization in Tijuana called Conciencia Juvenil will be having a march to raise awareness on the disappearances of women in the area today, September 8th. The march is the result of multiple young women being killed or disappearing in recent weeks.
On September 4th two young women were found dead in a rural area east of Ensenada. They were found executed after being missing for several days. Also this week a dead woman in her lower 20’s was found wrapped in a blanket in Tecate. Details on the Tecate case and another dead woman in Mexicali have not been disclosed yet.
Several missing women cases have been reported in Tijuana in recent weeks. The case of 23 year old Magaly Salazar Bravo has been covered extensively by local news media. She has been missing since September 1st since she vanished near a Tijuana university.
Anayeli Gómez Nájera, a 16 year old from Tijuana, has been missing since August 2nd.
Conciencia Juvenil is an organization which aims to get the youth involved in social and political issues. The group has specifically taken aim at raising concerns against the President-elect Enrique Peña Nieto.
According to the groups Facebook page the march starts at 11am at the Cuauhtémoc traffic circle. It asks marchers to wear pink and bring photos and banners of missing loved ones.
More like this:
- Family of missing 16 year old Tijuana girl asking for help — Oct. 8, 2012
- Sporadic Ensenada violence shocking community — Oct. 1, 2012
- Baja State Attorney: Missing Tijuana woman is alive — Sept. 11, 2012
- Two more women dead in Baja — Sept. 6, 2012
- Tijuana woman missing, social-media users express concerns for safety of young women — Sept. 5, 2012