Matt Potter 2:30 p.m., Feb. 5
Two more women dead in Baja
Two more women have been reported killed in Baja California this week. Details on the possible murders have been scarce, but authorities stated that one woman was killed in Tecate and another in Rosarito.
The reports of these deaths follow the murders of two young women near Ensenada. 22 year old Ixchel Leilani Domínguez Carrillo and 20 year old Christy Alejandra Uribe Ortiz were found dead nearly a week after they disappeared in a rural area east of Ensenada. Original reports stated the bodies had no signs of violence, but a more recent report by authorities has stated the women were executed by gunshots to the head.
Another young woman from Tijuana has been missing since the afternoon September 1st. 23 year old Magaly Salazar Bravo went missing after being dropped off by her mom near the Cesun University. Authorities have stated they have leads on the case, but have not disclosed details.
Authorities have stressed that a serial killer is not on the loose, nor is femicide occurring. The Attorney General’s office claims that the deaths have been due to the personal activity of the women and that they are not victims of a human or sex trafficking ring.
More like this:
- Another teenage Tijuana girl missing — Oct. 9, 2012
- Family of missing 16 year old Tijuana girl asking for help — Oct. 8, 2012
- Sporadic Ensenada violence shocking community — Oct. 1, 2012
- March in Tijuana to raise awareness on missing women — Sept. 8, 2012
- Tijuana woman missing, social-media users express concerns for safety of young women — Sept. 5, 2012