Matt Potter 4:30 p.m., April 28
Baja State Attorney: Missing Tijuana woman is alive
La Procuraduría de Justicia del Estado (State Attorney’s Office) announced Tuesday morning, September 11th, that Magaly Salazar Bravo is alive. Magaly was reported missing September 1st after being dropped off at the Cesun University by her mother.
Attorney General Rommel Moreno Manjarrez gave little details on how officials determined she is alive; except for the fact they are tracing calls on her cell phone. Manjarrez followed up with comments stating that there are no kidnappings of young women occurring in Tijuana or surrounding areas and citizens should not panic.
Numerous women have been killed or missing in Baja California in recent weeks. Magaly’s case has been the highest profile as of late. Rumors spread over the weekend that she is possibly in Guadalajara.
More like this:
- Another teenage Tijuana girl missing — Oct. 9, 2012
- Missing Tijuana woman returns home — Sept. 14, 2012
- March in Tijuana to raise awareness on missing women — Sept. 8, 2012
- Two more women dead in Baja — Sept. 6, 2012
- Tijuana woman missing, social-media users express concerns for safety of young women — Sept. 5, 2012