Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Oct. 24
City Attorney Jan Goldsmith endorses Carl DeMaio for mayor
The City Attorney, however, did say that he planned to be a "bit more in the forefront" during his second term.
It appears Goldsmith grew sick of waiting for that term to begin.
Today, he announced his endorsement of councilmember Carl DeMaio for Mayor of San Diego.
“Having worked with [DeMaio] during the past four years, I see him as an energetic leader who has been willing to fight for thoughtful and innovative change, but he is also willing to roll up his sleeves and work with others to ensure the city is properly managed on a day to day basis,” said Goldsmith in a statement. “Carl DeMaio has a record of collaboration and a temperament that makes him the best and only choice for Mayor.”
DeMaio, of course, welcomed the news. “Today, I am honored to receive [Goldsmith's] endorsement. As one of the most respected legal minds in our city, [Goldsmith] represents the best in civic government and has a record of public service matched by few,” read DeMaio's statement.
“I believe San Diegans are in agreement with [Goldsmith]: they want a leader who has a balanced approach to governing.”
More like this:
- DeMaio to host "Champagne with the Campaign" event in hopes of attracting support from women — June 14, 2013
- Local Republican endorsement slate rolled out — June 12, 2013
- Goldsmith, DeMaio among hosts of fundraiser for Dumanis's next DA campaign — April 26, 2013
- Mayor Filner backtracks on enforcement of medical marijuana dispensaries — Jan. 29, 2013
- Lincoln Club Endorses DeMaio — June 28, 2012