Robert Bush 9 a.m., March 29
Former police chief executed in Mexicali casino
A state prosecutor was executed in a Mexicali casino last night, October 2nd, as he sat at a slot machine. Juan Cristóbal Aguilar Aispuro, who is a former chief of the state police, was shot by a gunman about 11:00pm in the Caliente Casino.
After the shooting the suspect disappeared into the chaotic crowd. Surveillance cameras were unable to get a clear shot of the suspect.
Aguilar Aispuro had overcome controversy since 2002 when he was arrested for connections to organized crime as a police officer. He spent four years in prison before he was finally released with no charges or convictions. He returned to Baja California and regained the trust of the community while serving as an officer, chief of police, and most recently as a state prosecutor.
More like this:
- Teen rescued from captor in Tijuana — March 15, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC PGJE Make 1,662 Narcomenudeo Arrests; Drunk Driving Kills 65 in Mexicali in 2012 — Nov. 5, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Puerto Vallarta Police Director Attacked; Tijuana Journalist Found Dead — Oct. 15, 2012
- Banners and burned vehicles threaten Baja state officials — Oct. 10, 2012
- Mexicali on Alert Following San Luis Police Chief Murder — May 21, 2012