Don Bauder 1:26 p.m., Aug. 2
- Community Blog
- Ensign Hickman
Baja & Border News Translations: BC PGJE Make 1,662 Narcomenudeo Arrests; Drunk Driving Kills 65 in Mexicali in 2012
BC PGJE Make 1,662 Narcomenudeo Arrests (Uniradio Informa, 11/5/12)
MEXICALI, BC - Since the responsibility for combating narcomenudeo became the responsibility of States, Baja California has arrested 1,662 people for the crimes. Thus informed Rommel Moreno Manjarrez, head Attorney General of Justice of the State (PGJE), who said that of that total, 60 percent were allocated to the judiciary.
The Prosecutor recalled that the narcomenudeo has been the responsibility of the States since August 21 of this year, and said the Federation has not allocated extra resources to combat it. Since then, in the same period, in the Federal District (Mexico City) 554 'narco-retailers' have been stopped, so it is the second in entities in the number of cases available to the public prosecutor's Office, said Moreno Manjarrez.
The Prosecutor acknowledged that theft of Homes is closely linked to narcomenudeos, as drug addicts carry out these crimes. Moreno Manjarrez said Monday was the start of a training course for ministerial officer experts and the municipal police, which aims to improve the ability to investigate and research crimes. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/policiaca/articulo156830.html
Drunk Driving Kills 65 in Mexicali in 2012 (Uniradio Informa, 11/5/12)
MEXICALI, BC - So far this year, in 263 accidents by driving drunk, 65 people were killed reported Marco Carrillo Maza, director of Municipal Public Safety (DSPM) of Mexicali. He assured the preventive police have arrested 1,937 drivers driving under the influence of alcohol. Each of them had to pay 2,800 pesos ($214 US) in fines and 800 pesos ($61 US) for towing.
Carrillo Maza explained, the reform adopted by legislators states it is not considered a crime if a drunk driver does not cause property damage or injury to third parties, otherwise the State Attorney General would receive thousands of cases. The director of police in Mexicali said that because it is considered administrative, driving while intoxicated is punished with a fine so more citizens would think twice before driving drunk.
From January to October, there were 2,419 traffic accidents, of which 263 drivers had ingested alcoholic beverages, concluded the police chief. http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/bajacalifornia/articulo156863.html
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: 25 Road Accidents per day in Tijuana; Crime Victims in BC do not have Specialists’ Attention — Jan. 22, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Rommel Moreno Purges PGJE; Man Dies of Hypothermia — Jan. 1, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC Relies on Agencies who Work with Migrants; Zero Tolerance for Drunk Drivers during New Year Celebrations — Dec. 31, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: PGJE to Verify Pawn Shops and Flea Markets; Airport Must Pay Property Taxes — Dec. 19, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Two Rapes Committed; Police Recover 12 Stolen Vehicles — Oct. 21, 2012