Julie Stalmer 8:30 a.m., Feb. 11
13 year old Tijuana girl has vanished on way to school
Authorities are asking for help in locating a missing 13 year old Tijuana girl who has not been heard from in almost two weeks. Jennifer Guadalupe Vázquez Rodríguez left her home in Mariano Matamoros Sur, a gated community in southeast Tijuana, on November 15th for school and never returned.
While overall crime has dropped in Tijuana and Baja California, a spike in missing young women has startled the states communities. Authorities are hesitant to over publicize the cases as some of the more high profile incidents have turned out to be runaways. Authorities often blame the disappearances on the young women’s behavior, even though the number of missing cases gone unsolved is high.
Young women have been known to cross into the United States by will and by force, so families have asked for assistance on both sides of the border in locating lost loved ones.
More like this:
- Another teenage Tijuana girl missing — Oct. 9, 2012
- Family of missing 16 year old Tijuana girl asking for help — Oct. 8, 2012
- March in Tijuana to raise awareness on missing women — Sept. 8, 2012
- Two more women dead in Baja — Sept. 6, 2012
- Tijuana woman missing, social-media users express concerns for safety of young women — Sept. 5, 2012