Ian Anderson 1:30 p.m., Nov. 29
Teen rescued from captor in Tijuana
Another teenage girl rescued after being held against her will
A 15 year old girl was rescued in Tijuana on Wednesday, March 13th, after police were notified she was being held against her will. According to authorities, a 33 year old male suspect was apprehended at the residence. The suspect, Jorge Flores Aguilar, had traveled to Estación Naranjo, Sinaloa to pick up the youth. The teenager left with the man willingly, but did not notify her parents.
Authorities have rescued several other teenagers from being held against their will in recent weeks. In late February, another Tijuana man was arrested for luring a 13 year old girl to move in with him. The man was arrested when picking up the youth at the airport, after she traveled from Guanajuato state. The suspect was found with a list of clients he intended to use to exploit the child.
Also on March 13th, a police officer from Playas de Rosarito was among six arrested for sexually exploiting a teen and holding her against her will. Authorities have not stated if any of the cases are connected, yet are working diligently to dismantle sex and human trafficking rings in the area.
More like this:
- The Vanishing Women of Baja — March 22, 2013
- Rosarito police officer arrested for exploiting teen — March 13, 2013
- Tijuana man arrested for teen sexual exploitation plot — Feb. 26, 2013
- Would-be pimp slapped down by Tijuana police — Feb. 21, 2013
- Exploited 14 year old rescued from family — Oct. 22, 2012