Ian Anderson 6 p.m., July 29
Tijuana man arrested for teen sexual exploitation plot
Suspect met 13 year old girl on Facebook and began fake relationship
A Tijuana man was arrested on February 23rd, for allegedly luring a 13 year old girl to the city for sexual exploitation. The 18 year old suspect, Jesús Ramón “El Chui” Cristin Urbina, met the girl online last year and began an online relationship using Facebook. Urbina convinced the girl to leave her hometown of Tacambaro, Guanajuato and to move in with him in Tijuana. Upon discovery of the plan by the parents of the girl, authorities were notified. Urbina was arrested at the bus station, where he planned on picking up the girl.
Investigation into the suspect led authorities to a list of potential clients he intended to sell the girl to. The suspect allegedly confessed during questioning and is being held in the penitenciaría de La Mesa.
More like this:
- Boy hitman in Tijuana — Oct. 15, 2015
- Suspect in murder of Ensenada priest apprehended in Tijuana — Aug. 7, 2013
- Teen rescued from captor in Tijuana — March 15, 2013
- Rosarito police officer arrested for exploiting teen — March 13, 2013
- Sex trafficking suspect arrested then released from Tijuana jail — Sept. 12, 2012