Ian Anderson 2 p.m., March 2
San Diego Rents Third Highest in Nation
San Diego County median rents for January were $2083 per month, topped only by San Francisco ($2392) and Los Angeles ($2232) among the 25 major metro markets, according to statistics released by Zillow this morning (March 13).
San Diego rents even topped the New York City ($1850) and Washington DC ($1992) metro areas. San Diego rents rose 2.9% from January 2011 to January 2012, a hair below the national average of 3%.
San Diego's median home value at $335,600 was also in third place, behind San Francisco ($463,800) and Los Angeles (383,200). San Diego values dropped 5.1% over the year, worse than the 4.6% decline of the combined metro areas.
More like this:
- San Diego home values, rents keep rising sharply — March 21, 2013
- Home values keep rising — Dec. 19, 2012
- SD Home Values Rise in August — Sept. 19, 2012
- San Diego Home Value, Rent Growth Lag Other Metro Areas — Aug. 21, 2012
- Median SD Home Values Fourth Highest — Jan. 10, 2012