Ian Pike 2 p.m., Dec. 7
San Diego home values, rents keep rising sharply
County rents 4th highest among major metro areas
Is the housing bubble reinflating? With the Federal Reserve continuing to create money at a frenetic pace, one has to wonder. In February, U.S. home values rose 5.8%. Among the largest 30 markets, San Diego was 8th in year-over-year advance, up 13.9%, topped only by Phoenix (22.9%), San Francisco (18.6%), Las Vegas (18.1%), San Jose (17.1%), Sacramento (15.3%), Detroit (14.4%), and Riverside (14%). Detroit? Yes, but Detroit's median home value is $84,900. San Diego's is $385,800, topped only by Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Jose. The West is booming despite its water problems, which mainstream media continue to play down.
Rents are also eye-opening. San Diego's monthly rents are $2,117, topped only by San Jose, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
More like this:
- Local home values to rise 9.3% in next year, says zillow.com — July 23, 2013
- Double-digit leap in SD housing values — Jan. 22, 2013
- Home values keep rising — Dec. 19, 2012
- SD Home Values Rise in August — Sept. 19, 2012
- San Diego Rents Third Highest in Nation — March 13, 2012