Jeff Smith 6:35 p.m., June 27
Median SD Home Values Fourth Highest
The median value of a home in San Diego County is $338,800, fourth highest among 25 major metro areas, according to new data from Zillow. The U.S. median is $147,800.
Only three metro areas -- New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco -- top San Diego.
San Diego values are down 36.6% from their peak, but 7 metro areas -- Miami, Detroit, Riverside, Phoenix, Tampa, Sacramento, and Orlando -- are down more than 50%.
More like this:
- San Diego home values, rents keep rising sharply — March 21, 2013
- SD Home Values Rise in August — Sept. 19, 2012
- San Diego Home Value, Rent Growth Lag Other Metro Areas — Aug. 21, 2012
- San Diego Lags US in May Housing Statistics — June 20, 2012
- Even After the Bloodbath, SD Home Values High — Sept. 28, 2010