Matt Potter 10:28 p.m., March 6
Christmas shooting in Lemon Grove
A La Mesa woman and her ten year-old son escaped injury yesterday after their car was struck by gunfire in Lemon Grove.
Shortly after 7 p.m. yesterday evening, according to a report from the Lemon Grove Sheriff, the unidentified woman was traveling south on the 1600 block of Glencoe Drive and had moved to pass a slower-moving vehicle when she "heard a loud pop," and the passenger window of her car shattered.
Fearing for her safety, the driver fled the area, eventually contacting a San Diego Police officer and informing him about the incident.
A bullet hole was found inside the victim's car in addition to the shattered window. It is believed the driver or a passenger in car she was attempting to pass, a white two-door coupe, was responsible for the shooting.
More like this:
- Suspects sought in Spring Valley attempted kidnapping — April 5, 2013
- St. Patrick's weekend DUI checkpoints net two drunk drivers — March 18, 2013
- Murder suspect arrested in Oregon — Jan. 7, 2013
- Drive-by purse snatchers drag female victim — Nov. 6, 2012
- Sheriff's Dept. Investigates Death, Announces DUI Checkpoint — June 28, 2011