Dorian Hargrove 2:30 p.m., April 18
Christmas shooting in Lemon Grove
A La Mesa woman and her ten year-old son escaped injury yesterday after their car was struck by gunfire in Lemon Grove.
Shortly after 7 p.m. yesterday evening, according to a report from the Lemon Grove Sheriff, the unidentified woman was traveling south on the 1600 block of Glencoe Drive and had moved to pass a slower-moving vehicle when she "heard a loud pop," and the passenger window of her car shattered.
Fearing for her safety, the driver fled the area, eventually contacting a San Diego Police officer and informing him about the incident.
A bullet hole was found inside the victim's car in addition to the shattered window. It is believed the driver or a passenger in car she was attempting to pass, a white two-door coupe, was responsible for the shooting.
More like this:
- Woman sues City and three officers for injuries suffered during police shooting in Encanto — Aug. 5, 2013
- Lemon Grove recycler works on gift for EDCO — June 20, 2013
- Bus Rider Breaks Window, Flees — Aug. 8, 2012
- Gun Control — March 27, 2008
- Riding: Or the La Jolla-San Ysidro Four-Hour Bus Ride Home — Jan. 11, 1973