Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
A woman claims she was dragged and thrown to the ground by a car after she tried to stop the driver from fleeing a minor fender bender. San Diego Sheriff Deputies responded to North Island Credit Union 1101 Palm Avenue, Imperial Beach around 11:15 a.m. Saturday morning after a witness reported a woman had been dragged while trying to stop a car that had hit her Nissan SUV in the credit unions parking lot. The witness, a 35-year-old man, said he was inside the bank when he heard a crunching sound. When he looked out, he saw a woman with her hand on the passenger side door handle of a car in the parking lot and as the driver took off, it caused the woman to fall and hit her head. “She has a good size lump on her head” he said, “She was lucky it could have been worse. That driver was either drunk or had no insurance.” The woman was transported by ambulance to the emergency room of a local hospital.
More like this:
- Car crash on Bacon Street in Ocean Beach — July 19, 2013
- Man walks into the Imperial Beach Sheriff Station and says he just killed his wife — Feb. 6, 2013
- Teen Driver with Young Students Crashes into Fire Hydrant in Imperial Beach — June 17, 2011
- It Was Scary Up There on the Coronado Bay Bridge — June 1, 2011
- Hauling Butt — June 17, 2009