Vincent Farnsworth 6:31 p.m., Dec. 4
Murder suspect arrested in Oregon
Man allegedly followed woman home from Lemon Grove bar, shot her in the head
Authorities have identified a suspect in the murder of a woman last week in Lemon Grove, leading to the arrest of 32 year-old Casey Tschida, who had fled to his mother’s house in Happy Valley, Oregon.
San Diego Sheriff’s Homicide investigators learned that Tschida was an acquaintance of Jennifer Rene Krajnak, who was found with a gunshot wound to the head along the side of a residential street and later died of her injuries after being transported to an area hospital.
The two had been drinking in a local bar earlier in the evening, though witnesses reported they left at different times. Tschida caught up to Krajnak as she was walking home, shot her once in the back of the head, and then left her lying in the street as he left for Oregon.
Tschida’ motive for the shooting is unclear at this time, and local law enforcement is working to get him transferred from a jail in Portland where he was taken into custody.
More like this:
- Mother of drowned children arrested, four months later — Sept. 20, 2013
- Suspect in 1977 murder arrested in Arizona — Aug. 8, 2013
- Facebook credited with assist in catching ATM bandit in East County — Jan. 24, 2013
- Murder suspected in Lemon Grove — Jan. 3, 2013
- Sheriff's Department identifies suspect in Santee murder — Oct. 1, 2012