Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Aug. 26
Sheriff's Dept. Investigates Death, Announces DUI Checkpoint
The San Diego Sheriff’s Department is investigating the death of a woman reported yesterday on Gillespie Drive in the La Presa neighborhood of Spring Valley. Deputies responding to the call decided to bring in a specialized homicide detail, who are waiting on the Medical Examiner’s Office to identify the body and determine the cause of death. After the initial investigation, deputies do not believe the death is suspicious in nature.
The Sheriff’s Department also announced that they will be conducting a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint on Friday, July 1 from 7 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Approximately ten deputies will be on site near the 6900 block of Lemon Grove seeking to detain intoxicated motorists and drivers without a valid license.
More like this:
- Two nights of DUI checkpoints net three drunk drivers — Aug. 19, 2013
- Cops will be watching — Dec. 7, 2012
- $300,000 in federal funds for Sheriff's anti-DUI campaign — Oct. 31, 2012
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012
- Weekend DUI/License Check Nets 2 Arrests, 11 Impounds — April 9, 2012