Robert Bush 9 a.m., March 29
Med-Mar Proponents Against Dumanis
Medical cannabis supporters took aim at Bonnie Dumanis during a San Diego chapter meeting of Americans for Safe Access held last night in La Jolla. Her duplicity alleged by the group in voicing support for medical marijuana patients’ rights while cooperating with and sometimes organizing raids on local dispensaries and the homes of patients cultivating their own marijuana drew the ire of Eugene Davidovich, chair of the local group’s board of directors.
“She lied! She continues to lie . . . right now her campaign is being run with money taken from medical marijuana patients,” Davidovich asserted. When asked who the group would support in the mayoral race with Dumanis officially declared, he clarified that the group has not endorsed a candidate. “It’s your choice – anyone but Dumanis!”
The group set up a ‘Not Dumanis!’ Facebook page in late March, which had amassed 327 fans by Wednesday morning. Dumanis took down the page promoting her own candidacy in late March, but does have the endorsement of councilmember Kevin Faulconer, county supervisor Ron Roberts, and departing mayor Jerry Sanders.
More like this:
- Legitimacy of new pro-DeMaio LGBT political committee questioned — Oct. 12, 2012
- Citizens Against Dumanis Take to Facebook — Aug. 15, 2011
- Medical Marijuana Activist Files Complaint Against Anti-Pot Groups — July 19, 2011
- San Diego DA Bonnie Dumanis to Run for Mayor — March 13, 2011
- Bonnie’s Bud Brigade a Bust? — May 27, 2010