Various Authors 9:01 p.m., July 27
Carnitas Snack Shack revisited
Carnitas Snack Shack (2632 University Ave) had a recent makeover. The seating in the back was limited with two hightop eating areas and a cluster of five or six tables. Now, the entire back parking lot has been eliminated and replaced with a pretty wooden enclosure for the dumpster, rectangular planters, and extra seating.
The menu items range from $7-9. My favorites include the pork belly app (delicious, Chinese-influenced dish with frisee), the pork burger (an extra tender patty with melted gorgonzola), and the carnitas tacos piled high with fresh pulled pork. Each entree comes with a side of jicama and corn slaw.
Seasoned fries with house tomato sauce that is smoky and sweet.
More like this:
- Prepping for a Pig Out — May 29, 2013
- The last happy hour — Nov. 16, 2012
- A further look at the trailer for 21 & Over — Nov. 14, 2012
- Slow food event — Oct. 13, 2012
- Carnitas' Snack Shack: Still Surprisingly Affordable (Plus a Bit on the Global Financial Crisis...) — May 23, 2012