Andrew Hamlin 11 a.m., Dec. 6
Slow Food Urban San Diego, a chapter of the nonprofit organization Slow Food International, is fundraising to support the organic practices of 4H students. The event features a student-raised organic-fed 4H Berkeshire pig. "Chefs will be preparing tastes of this local pig, along with flatbreads and salads utilizing local produce . . . any proceeds from the event will go towards supporting organics and heritage breed projects in the 4H program. Community Partners for this event include Lightning Brewery, Hanis Cavin - Carnitas Snack Shack, Max Bonacci - El Take it Easy, Edible San Diego, Roots Community Kitchen, Suzie's Farm, TAJ Farms and Triple B Ranches."
The event will be held on Sunday, November 11 from 1 - 4 p.m. at Roots Community Kitchen (9331 Mission Gorge Rd) in Santee. Tickets are sold online for $30 per person.
More like this:
- ComicFest Day 1 Photo Report: Local lights & men in tights — Oct. 4, 2013
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- 42 years ago today: Pink Floyd's 1st San Diego concert — Oct. 18, 2012
- Volleyball Benefit — Oct. 10, 2012
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk — Oct. 8, 2012