James Michael Dorsey 1:10 p.m., Feb. 23
Local Guys Make Good (Book)
Marine Room chefs Bernard Guillas and Ron Oliver, the duo behind their globally inspired debut cookbook Flying Pans: Two Chefs, One World, recently picked up two prestigious honors from the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) 2011 Cookbook Awards. The chefs took home titles in the "Chefs and Restaurants" category as well as the highly regarded "People's Choice Award," as voted on by their peers.
Flying Pans was named one of the "Top 10 Cookbooks in the Country" at the BookExpo American in NYC in May, 2010. The beautifully illustrated hard cover features over 100 exotic global recipes from 40 different countries and has won acclaim from such celeb chefs as Mario Batali and Roy Yamaguchi, among other industry innovators.
More like this:
- "Sidewalk Chefs" Food Demos — Aug. 18, 2011
- Marine Room Chefs Overachieve on an International Scale — June 21, 2011
- Local Guillas on Big Time TV — March 21, 2011
- Seafood and Splendor — Dec. 9, 2009
- Terra, Bread and Cie, Adams Avenue Grill, Wolfgang Puck, Hornblower Yachts — Dec. 18, 2003