Robert Bush noon, Aug. 28
Trailer Park: Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street
BRING IT OVER!
It's a beautiful day in Movieland, folks, what with the release of the first trailer for Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall St., coming to a cinder block multiplex near you on November 15.
Hey, hey, look at this: they even gave Marty his own personal Paramount mountain!
Not that certain moments of Gangs of New York and Shutter Island don't tickle my funny bone, but judging by the trailer, The Wolf of Wall Street looks to be Marty's first all-out comedy since Casino. Maybe He should have named it Goodbrokers.
Leo must have demanded that a 'hot chick rider' be added to his contract. There are probably more beautiful women on parade in this trailer than you'll find in all of Marty's other pictures combined. (Italianamerican doesn't count!)
How many more comic book movies and sequels must we endure before the Rapture hits on November 15?
Thank God for this trailer which has helped wash away the garbage and the trash of this summer's blockbuster off the sidewalks of my memory. Think of it as a carrot on a stick, something to get us through World War Z, White House Down and the rest of the venality headed our way.
More like this:
- Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street pushed back to 2014? — Sept. 25, 2013
- **L@@K** RARE VINTAGE RETRO CLASSIC OZU WIFE-BEATER T-SHIRT - CHEAP **L@@K** — June 18, 2013
- Clean slate: A brief pictorial tribute to the clapboard — June 17, 2013
- The Durex treatment: The Wolf of Wall Street — June 17, 2013
- A gallery of 33 vintage posters from Hollywood's Golden Age of cartoons — June 12, 2013