Walter Mencken 7 p.m., Dec. 10
Bowery boy Scorsese pens impassioned plea to preserve old neighborhood
It was the first story to cross the transom this morning. Groggy me reached for the nearest pair of Big!Lots readers in order to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks and that Marty had not announced plans to resurrect Satch, Slip, and Louie.
Au contraire, mon Capitán! In a raging letter to Amanda Burden, Chair of New York's City Planning Commission, Marty implored that an end be put to the real rain of high-rise apartment buildings and condos that threaten to wash away the heritage of the Bowery.
Don't fuck with His backlot, ya' hear what I'm saying?
More like this:
- 11 celebrity comedy teams we'd like to see — July 18, 2013
- Female trouble — July 10, 2013
- GO TO HELL! — May 21, 2013
- If I cast the upcoming big screen adaptation of Good Times — March 13, 2013
- Ephemeral Groucho — Feb. 28, 2013