Various Authors 4:58 p.m., May 28
See the book, read the movie
A pictorial history of title credits from literary adaptations A thru M
Read any good movies lately? Long before hardbound comic books like Harry Potter and Twilight began passing for literature, and the subheading "Based on a True Story" became a lazy screenwriters raison d'etre, Hollywood did it's fair share or ransacking library shelves for source material.
Not all movies taken from novels wear their literary adaptations on their sleeves. Here are a few features that proudly boast their pedigree in trailers and opening credit sequences. And remember: in the eyes of Hollywood, it doesn't have to be a classic to be good.
Coming Soon: N thru Z!
More like this:
- Go tell it on the mountain: a pictorial history of the Paramount logo — May 6, 2013
- The long, long titles: Part 1 — April 16, 2013
- See the book, read the movie 2 — April 5, 2013
- The Shining is The Evil Dead — April 3, 2013
- Sandler v. Apatow on middle age — April 3, 2013