Robert Bush 9 a.m., March 29
Sandler v. Apatow on middle age
Remember This is 40, Judd Apatow's meditation on what his life would be like if he looked like Paul Rudd?
Well, Adam Sandler has his own "man faces middle age" movie coming out. It's called Grown Ups 2, and it doesn't involve magically transforming into a handsome, friendly funnyman.
Instead, he magically marries Salma Hayek.
But while I am not generally a fan of Adam Sandler or his movies, I have to grant that as chuckleworthy as this image of middle-age from This is 40 is...
...it is nowhere near as cinematically illustrative of midlife's existential character as being forced by a bunch of younger, stronger men to jump off a cliff, naked.
More like this:
- Go tell it on the mountain: a pictorial history of the Paramount logo — May 6, 2013
- See the book, read the movie — April 4, 2013
- The Shining is The Evil Dead — April 3, 2013
- A closer look at Megan Fox's bosom - er, This is 40 — Dec. 21, 2012
- A Second Look at the Trailer for This is 40: Watch out, Leslie Mann! — Aug. 8, 2012