Various Authors 7:01 a.m., July 23
The long, long titles: Part 1
Movies with names so long, one card can't hold 'em
Fox News notwithstanding, America's generally pride themselves on brevity, particularly when it comes to opening credit sequences.
Look how much text Hollywood can cram into one title card:
It's a good thing pretentious Parisian gasbag Johnny Godard's Weekend wasn't filmed in Terrorama. How do you like that guy? Two cards to get out one compound word:
Here are a few pictures whose titles take up 2, 3, and in one case, 15 cards to spell their names out. More to follow in a day or two. This trawling for titles takes time!
More like this:
- Spot the Fake Title Quiz: Cartoon Edition — May 15, 2013
- The Spot the Fake Title Quiz — May 14, 2013
- Go tell it on the mountain: a pictorial history of the Paramount logo — May 6, 2013
- The long, long titles: Part 2 — April 22, 2013
- See the book, read the movie — April 4, 2013