Julie Stalmer 6:30 p.m., July 23
Big Screen Stomach-Bug Blog: Part 1
Not that you needed to know, but I spent most of last week fighting a nasty stomach bug, and mostly losing. Friday and Saturday were the worst. To help ease the pain, I watched movies that had most likely been uploaded illegally onto YouTube. So there I was, delighting in The Third Man (and its attendant BBC documentary!), when I got this pop-up ad:
Dear YouTube: SO WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?
Frankly, I don't like the way Major Callaway is looking at me. It's almost as if there's more at stake here than just a few videos being distributed on the black market...
More like this:
- I tried to watch Layer Cake and this is what happened — April 22, 2013
- Today on Cinema de la YouTube: Boxcar Bertha — Nov. 20, 2012
- Free movies of the week: Rocky edition. — Sept. 7, 2012
- The Dangers of Hanging Around White People, Illustrated (Yet Again) — Aug. 2, 2011
- Big Screen Stomach-Bug Blog: Part 2 — July 4, 2011