Garrett Harris 10 a.m., March 30
Well, now, looky here: The Magic of Cinema meets The Magic of Christmas, as illuminated by a cinephile Jew and his Christian sidekick. Critics are calling it "the feel-good cover story of the season!" and saying that "if you read just one discussion of classic and obscure Christmas-themed entertainment this holiday season, that's because there's only one out there: Marks and Lickona, together again for the first time." Pete Hammond called it "a delightful cross between Schindler's List and The Passion of the Christ." Why fight it?
In all seriousness: here at The Big Screen, we'd like to take the opportunity to highlight a few tidbits through the magic of the Internet. In particular, I would like to thank Mr. Marks for introducing me to Truman Capote's A Christmas Memory, available in its entirety on YouTube:
This thing is crazy wonderful. We will not look upon its like again. I hope to make it a holiday tradition.
More like this:
- Cliff's Notes on Lickona & Marks' Joy to the Screen — Dec. 22, 2011
- China and Christmas — Dec. 22, 2011
- Disney Rakes in the Hanukkah Gelt — Dec. 21, 2011
- Hope for the Holidays — Dec. 12, 2011
- The Holiday Inn Christmas Tree Dissolve — Dec. 6, 2011