Content for Monday, May 13, 2013
- Chad White Baja-Med popup dinner at Analog
- Barrio Logan: Greenest Roaster in San Diego?
- Chapter 2: The Custom Coupe goes south.
- In just one day, labor-council chief Lorena Gonzalez collects nearly $20,000 in campaign contributions
- Opium poppy plantation found near Tecate, Baja California
- Review: Peeples
- Jedd Gyorko a lot like Chase Headley?
- Mexican government working to allow foreign ownership of beach property
- World-class cyclists in Escondido
- Billboard pushes for greater San Onofre awareness
- The Sound of Music at San Diego Musical Theatre
- Die Disney die - UPDATED
- Bill Gore files to re-up as sheriff next year
- Brothers arrested for beating of cab driver in Encinitas
- Rays complete sweep of Padres
News & Stories
Confession: I want to learn how to ride a motorcycle. My husband has one—an old Suzuki street bike that he bought for $500. Before he bought it, I rattled off a million reasons why it ...
In February, Monkey Paw Pub & Brewery (805 16th Street, East Village) brewmaster Derek Freese unexpectedly gave notice at the brewpub so he could take a job with Point Loma work-in-progress Modern Times Beer. He ...
Extinct bison bones found during highway construction last month
During construction of a highway ramp in San Diego’s North County last month, a paleontologist working for a local museum spotted some ancient bones in the dirt. Brad Riney, who is described as a “paleontological ...
Petition drive aims to gather 6000 signatures
Saturday mornings were usually quiet affairs at the Escondido home of Gary Johnson, board member of Escondido Country Club Homeowners Organization. However, Saturday morning, May 11, was different. At 9:00 a.m., about 200 Escondido Country ...
Under the city's streets is a vast, ancient network of tunnels.
The air was cool and exuded a musty, almost earthy odor. The passageway with squat ceilings no more than six feet high was lit by small dim lights, each bright enough to see only a ...
Two months since saltwater flowed
At 7:00 this morning, California State Parks personnel began the process of opening the Los Peñasquitos Lagoon in Del Mar. On hand are Natural Resources personnel as well as heavy-equipment operators, lifeguards, and maintenance crews. ...