Picture taken by my friend Jason with his pinhole camera. 1 min. exposure time from about 3 feet away:

Image

After cutting 2 coils from the front springs and installing homemade 4" lowering blocks out back:

Image

The day I picked the Chevy up in Long Beach:

Image

Art picture taken with my camera phone while driving around at night:

Image

The old engine and transmission.. 57 years as the powerplant:

Image

Parked next to my friend Jack:

Image

Picture taken lastnight. It's home to get all new wiring:

Image

• Joe

Comments

Joe Poutous Dec. 10, 2009 @ 6:21 a.m.

After looking at these pictures again... that's it. Time to break out the SLR and take some real pictures.

Anyone ever take a photography class over at Nelson?

• Joe

CuddleFish Dec. 10, 2009 @ 6:33 a.m.

Not me, but Joe, your pictures are beautiful. :)

SDaniels Dec. 10, 2009 @ 10:35 a.m.

If you think these are good, he's got some that look like they are straight from a coffeetable book. Hey Joe, why not repost a link to your beautiful work in black and white?

Love that first one :)

Joe Poutous Dec. 10, 2009 @ 12:49 p.m.

These??http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandiegojoe/sets/72157606891966061/

I took those pictures about 18 years ago! I miss that camera, it was a completely manual Nikon. The kind with the little line that bounces up and down as a light meter. You really had to think to get a good shot.

The first shot in the set above was taken by my friend Jason Bickford. Jason is really into old cameras. This one is a pinhole camera with a Polaroid back, very cool.

• Joe

CuddleFish Dec. 10, 2009 @ 1:20 p.m.

Cool pictures! Do you still have all those cars, I know you said you got rid of one to get the Styleline. What about the others?

Joe Poutous Dec. 10, 2009 @ 1:49 p.m.

The cars in the black and white flickr album were taken on the North side of Death Valley at a place called Scotty's Castle. They are part of the National Park, just left out there to rot.

I wonder what condition those cars are in now all these years later.

The Death Valley shots are a framed and hanging in my office.

To get the Styleline, I sold a 1969 Chevrolet Pickup. To pay for the engine swap in the Styleline, I sold a 1929 Model A Roadster Pickup project that I had. The engine that is going into the Styleline was part of what I was given in exchange for a 1963 Plymouth Valiant.

The '69 Pickup went to Australia. The Model A went to Northern California. The Valiant was driven back to Indiana by a father/ son team. They flew out here and drove it back!

confused?? me too! - Joe

CuddleFish Dec. 10, 2009 @ 2:52 p.m.

Oh, okay! I thought those cars belonged to you!!!

I remembered reading that you had sold the Roadster for the Styleline, and those other deals, to get parts for the Styleline. :)

You see, I am paying attention! If I knew anything about cars!

Josh Board Dec. 11, 2009 @ 1:54 a.m.

Beautiful car. I dig the white walls.